Your location could be a carrier lit building. This enables you to access high bandwidth carrier Ethernet without the long and sometimes costly build process.
A lit building is a building into which a carrier or multiple carriers have already installed fiber based services. This allows other customers to enjoy faster provisioning and sometimes lower costs for high bandwidth services. Most organizations are struggling to keep pace with ever increasing bandwidth requirements. Enterprise Telecom Group can help by providing the information, analysis, and recommendations including fiber options that may be already sitting onsite ready to deploy. Our approach utilizes our unique set of fiber mapping tools and lit building lists. We can help your project succeed by finding the carriers that already provide fiber ethernet services to your building (Lit Building), or engage the right carriers who will build those service to you. This process also works well for dark fiber networks, many carriers with fiber in a location may offer dark fiber services.
Our lit buildings program delivers the following benefits:
- Lower pricing for high bandwidth,
- Low latency fiber Ethernet Networks and IP services
- Faster delivery time frames
Ethernet services can provide immediate features and benefits to an organization:
- From 2M to 100G Network Connectivity
- Simplified Network Architecture – eliminates legacy carrier involvement, old technologies, points of failure, and costs
- High Performance Access with Dedicated Capacity – always available Service Level Agreement (SLA) based bandwidth with optional bursting capabilities in many cases
- Economic Pricing – Customers are often able to deploy five times or more bandwidth for similar cost as older bonded T1’s, DS3, or other technologies
- Enhanced Web based Monitoring Tools and Network Management Options – customers gain more control and automated management of their networks
- Private/Public Cloud and Datacenter Connectivity Options – increases the the network functionality and integrates numerous third party disaster recovery options
Once we have an understanding of the customer’s requirements we typically provide the following scope of work:
- Map Carrier Resources using Multiple Fiber and Network Locator Tools
- Issue RFQ’s to those carriers that can meet clients requirements
- Issue proposal to client with carrier sourcing results and recommendations
- Work in conjunction with winning carrier on clients behalf to establish services
- Provide post-sale project management with the providers to make the implementation as seamless as possible.
Hewlett Packard needed to link a CA city’s data center to one of HP’s data centers in CO to provide replication and disaster recovery for the City’s operations.Read More...
Hewlett Packard needed to link a CA city’s data center to one of HP’s data centers in CO to provide replication and disaster recovery for the City’s operations.
- Lit building and Fiber mapping
- Carrier RFQ
- Implementation Support
Through our fiber mapping tools we were able to locate a cost effective carrier that was already on net at both locations. We were able to negotiate a custom term length to match the length of contract with the City. In addition this service was able to provide the high bandwidth needed for daily operations and higher capacity options via 10G Ports when required for an emergency.
A growing Southern California based construction company needed significantly more bandwidth to handle new cloud based services and large CAD files.Read More...
A growing Southern California based construction company needed significantly more bandwidth to handle new cloud based services and large CAD files. The customer had low bandwidth copper circuits in place with integrated voice and data services at both of their locations.
- Carrier RFQ
- Post-Sale Project Management
Both the customers locations were able to qualify fiber Ethernet service. One was lit and at the other we were able to have the services brought in at no extra cost. The customer was able to upgrade both offices to fiber Ethernet for not too much more than they were spending for their minimal bandwidth initially. We provided post sale project management and coordinated the installations with their PBX vendor and their in-house IT staff. The project was very successful and the customer is looking forward to easy bandwidth upgrades in the future now that they have fiber.